Current Board Members
Darlene Russ-Eft, Oregon State University
Laura Bierema, University of Georgia
Karen Watkins, University of Georgia
Gary McLean, McLean Global Consulting
Ron Jacobs, University of Illinois
Michael Leimbach, Wilson Learning Worldwide
Victoria Marsick, Teachers College, Columbia University
Lane Morris, University of Tennessee
AAhad Osman Gani, IIUM-CRESCENT
Lou Quast, University of Minnesota
Wendy Ruona, AHRD board liaison, University of Georgia
Darren Short, Go Daddy
Catherine M. Sleezer
Board of Directors
By virtue of its articles of incorporation, the AHRD Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors. The Board is comprised of no more than nine Members, six of whom are nominated and selected by current Members and three of whom are nominated by the President of the Academy of Human Resource Development. One Board Member is nominated to serve as President of the Foundation for a term no longer than three years. Members also serve for terms no more than three years. The President and Members may be nominated for additional terms without limitation.
Members of the Board of Directors are expected to be an active participant in furthering the vision, mission, and activities of the Foundation. Specifically, Members of the Board of Directors will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Attend the annual meeting of the Foundation which is held in conjunction with the annual conference of the AHRD.
- Actively participate in discussions and decisions related to the business of the Foundation, during the annual meeting and during on-going communications via e-mail and conference calls.
- Take on leadership assignments as appropriate in developing and implementing Foundation committees and initiatives.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Foundation when representing its vision, mission, and activities to external groups.
- Demonstrate commitment to the extent possible to the Foundation by making individual financial contributions or by facilitating the contributions of others.